What's this Wisdom?


Thought I'd post in it's entirety yesterday's life journal entry from Everyday Devo's. I particularly like the section I highlited in bold. Nothing in my entries are from me, they are insights given me by the Spirit and if I get anything wrong I hope the Spirit will help me see this or use others to show me my error. Here it goes:


When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. "Where did this man get these things?" they asked. "What's this wisdom that has been given him, that he even does miracles!
Mark 6:2

Jesus' teaching was amazing! People asked the question about the source of His teaching. Where did He get such wisdom? Where did His teaching originate? Having received the Gospel, we know that it came from Heaven! What's interesting is how miracles are attached to His teaching. People WERE amazed!

I'd like people to ask that question of my teaching... and quickly find the answer! God's Word is the message of heaven and if there is anything amazing in what I share, that is the source! That is where the wisdom comes from. I, in myself, have nothing to share. What I do have is Christ in me.

Father, invigorate your good news in my life. Speak it in me and through me so that people will stand in awe of You!

1 comment:

Neil said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Chris. I was happily shocked to be quoted by somebody else...

Neil