10/15/07 - Life Journal - U-Turn Ahead


You have wearied the LORD with your words. "How have we wearied him?" you ask. By saying, "All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them" or "Where is the God of justice?"
Malachi 2:17


The people ovbiously misunderstood the message of the prophets. Yes God loves everyone and wants none to die, but that doesn't mean He is pleased with them that embrace their sin and ignore the warnings of the prophets. Here is the God of justice, He will deal with those who harden their hearts to Him.

I can't use my salvation as an excuse to do whatever I please, with the false belief that He loves me no matter what. I believe in eternal salvation but also that those that embrace their sin were never truly saved in the first place. It is one thing to continue committing sins once giving your life to Christ, we all do it, but it's another thing to "love the sin" and not have the guilt that comes with the Spirit living in us and immediately feel the need of further repentance.

Lord, I'm a sinner, but I'm truly trying. I may feel like I'm doing better than before but that is not good enough. Only Your Sons sacrifice can perfect me.

No comments: