10/30/07 - Life Journal - Satan's a Believer


"What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Swear to God that you won't torture me!"
Mark 5:7


This verse brings me back to James 2:19, "You believe that God is One. You do well; even the demons believe and shudder." The demons within this man saw Jesus coming and were terrified! In their fear they made the wondrous decision to ask to be cast into a herd of pigs. How'd that turn out for them?

When I see this verse my mind reads it, "So you believe in God, big friggin deal, even the demons believe." It's not enough to just believe or call myself a "believer". It doesn't magically make me a Christian. The Jews believe in our God as do the Muslims. I have to devote my all to the risen Savior that died for my sins to be truly considered a Christ follower.

Lord I believe in You, I love You, I give my all to You, I am eternally thankful for You, I am dead without You.

No comments: