10/22/07 - Life Journal - A Father's Role


He said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household."
Acts 16:30,31


The jailer had just witnessed an earthquake brought on by Paul and Silas' worship and the doors of the prison fly open. He wanted the salvation that came through belief. The thing that stands out is that not only him, but his entire family was saved and baptized later that day.

As a husband and father, accepting Jesus as my Savior was the most important thing I could have done for my family. If I hadn't there's no way my kids faith would be so strong, even though Sheri would have taken them to church without me. Now I have to continue growing my faith so I can become a better example and be better prepared for the trials yet to come.

Lord, I need You every step of the way!

No comments: