10/01/07 - Life Journal - Humble Servant


"For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted"
Luke 14:11


The man who assumed his place was at the side of the host was humiliated when someone of greater importance arrived while the man who assumed nothing and sat at the foot of the table was exalted when told his seat was at the host's side in everyone's presence.

I gotta keep humbly marching on, not assuming greatness or expecting praise. It seems the greater a person sets himself up to be (entertainers, athletes, politicians, pastors) the more humiliating their fall. I can't set myself up as a picture of perfection to those I'm shepherding because I'm not, no one is! But humbly living in Him, I will one day be exalted as my name is read from the book of life.

Lord, I'm your servant, for Your glory, not mine.

No comments: