10/25/07 - Life Journal - From the Valley to the Mountain


But on the night immediately following the Lord stood at his side and said, "Take courage, for as you have solemnly witnessed to my cause at Jerusalem, so you must witness at Rome also."
Acts 23:11


In Acts 21:13, Paul's reply to the disciples of Tyre that were warning him not to go to Jerusalem was, "I am ready not only to be bound, but even to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord." Just as Jusus knew of His fate in returning to Jerusalem, so now did Paul but he too was being led there and wouldn't trade his own safety for following God's plan. He received the reason in the verse above (23:11) straight from the living Savior. God used these trials to move Paul along to Rome to witness there.

It's easy for me to pray to avoid any obstacles, pain or sorrow that's in my future but if answered God might be short-circuiting His own plan. He sees from beginning to end all at once, He won't let our nearsightedness ruin the opportunities we'll have to reach who must be reached and thereby increase His Kingdom here on earth.

Lord use me as you have planned from the beginning and overlook my lack of understanding of Your ways. I must go through the valley to stand upon the mountain with You.



Even though the journey’s long
And I know the road is hard
Well, the One who’s gone before me
He will help me carry on
After all that I’ve been through
Now I realize the truth
That I must go through the valley
To stand upon the mountain of God

Third Day - Mountain of God

No comments: