10/11/07 - Life Journal - He Is Risen


"Why do you seek the Living One among the dead?"
Luke 24:5


Mary Magdalene and the other women returned to the tomb Sunday morning to find the stone had been rolled away. Standing there were two angels who greeted them with the words in the verse above. They basically were asking them, "Don't you remember? Jesus told you all this was gonna happen back when you all were in Galilee."

I need this same reminder! How many times have I read and listened to Jesus' words but still treat Him like some historic figure, studying His history and words without truly having a relationship with the Living Savior. Why do I seek Him among the dead of encyclopedia's when He is here with me?

God, take the intellectual blinders from my eyes so that with a childlike faith I can truly have a longing friendship with Your son and my brother in You, Jesus.

No comments: