10/8/07 - Life Journal - No Fear


But not a hair of your head will perish. By standing firm you will gain life.
Luke 21:18,19


Jesus was describing the persecution His followers would have to face in His name, false prophets that would come before Him and terror that will fill the world at the signs of His returning. But He also reassured them that they would have His strength and wisdom with them. They needn't fear even death because as the body died on earth they would be gaining eternal life. While everyone around them is running for their lives he tells them to "stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

Nothing on this earth can hurt even a hair on our head. If we stand strong in faith, preparing for the day we stand before Him, He will be with us as we stand up to the persecutors and false prophets. Why can't I live victoriously with this knowledge? He is an unending source of joy! Even when life gets "tough", when things happen we don't understand, we need to shrug it off. When He created this world and gave free will to His children He immediately saw every bad thing that would ultimately happen because of our sinful nature and turned it all to good. He knows how it's going to end. Nothing we do will change that so when everything is else is going crazy around us we should just lift our hands and shout "God, I don't know how you're going to turn this one around, but it's gonna be awesome when we see it!"

*I don't know if any of that made sense to you, or if it was relevant to the verse I read, but it's the words that came to me as I was writing*

Lord, give me strength to say "bring it on", shrugging off the things in this world that try to break me, giving it all to you to turn into and ending for Your Glory.

1 comment:

Eddy Williams said...

Chris,

Have you ever thought much about the believers in China? I was impressed to pray for the 2 Christian attorneys that are being arrested and tortured in China for their faith. We live in a whole different world here in the USA. I appreciate reading your blog and I will try to make it a habit to click over everyday and check out what the Lord is saying to you! Eddy