10/10/07 - Life Journal - I am a Thief


Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."
Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."
Luke 22:42,43


Immediate.

Done deal.

No questions asked!

The thief on the cross next to Jesus, by his faith in knowing Jesus would soon be in His kingdom on the right hand of God, was saved from death, seconds from the end, and ushered into eternal life.

I gotta keep this verse on my heart at all time. One of the main objections I've come across from people I'm sharing with is, "...Man, if you only knew the stuff I've done, there isn't any hope for me...". This person, guilty of crimes severe enough to warrant crucifixion, went from death to life in an instant and is in Paradise with Jesus and the Father right now, probably in tears when he hears people use the excuse of past sins for not persuing Christ and being reborn.

Lord, give me wisdom when sharing my story. Let me stress the simplicity of this verse, proof that You and Your Son want that none shall perish, and a simple leap of faith will secure a future with You in Paradise.



Thief - Third Day

I am a thief, I am a murderer,
Walking up this lonely hill.

What have I done? I don't remember,
No one knows just how I feel.

And I know that my time is coming soon.

It's been so long. Oh, such a long time,
Since I've lived with peace and rest.

Now I am here, my destination,
guess things work for the best.

and I know that my time is coming soon.

Who is this man? This man beside me,
They call the King of the Jews.

They don't believe that He's the Messiah,
But, somehow I know it's true.

And they laugh at Him in mockery,
and beat Him till he bleeds.

They nail Him to the rugged cross,
and raise Him, they raise Him up next to me.

My time has come, I'm slowly fading,
I deserve what I receive.

Jesus when You are in Your kingdom,
Could You please remember me.

And He looks at me still holding on,
the tears fall from His eyes.

He says I tell the truth,
Today, you will live with Me in paradise.

And I know that my time is coming soon.

And I know paradise is coming soon.

No comments: