10/6/07 - Life Journal - An Investment of Faith


"I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one that does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away.
Luke 19:26


Sounds a little harsh if this is all you read but like most verses you have to take this in it's aontet. Jesus was speaking of a nobleman who gave some money to hes servants to do business with while he was gone. One doubled his master's money, a second increased by 50% but a third held on to it and earned nothing. his money was given to the one that made the most.

Like the nobleman that gave nomey to his servants, Jesus, through His sacrifice, gave us the figt of salvation. What do I do? Double, triple, quadruple His "investment" in me? Or do I hide it away, letting dus cover it and create a dead end to His grace? Will I be bold at the gates of heaven, as the story of my attempts to increase His kingdom are told? Or will I meekly cower before Him when it is revealed that I did nothing with His gift after He entrusted it to me?

Lord, give me boldness to invest the gift you have put in my control and the wisdom to increase Your return for Your glory.

No comments: