3/6/08 - Life Journal - Eyes to the Sky


Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.

Mark 13:26


Doesn't sound like a quiet rapture of His church, but we won't get into the eschatological debate here. Jesus was warning us of the suddenness of His arrival and the hidden timing of His coming.

What an awesome sight if I'm still on this earth when He comes back. He's telling me to keep my guard, not to get lax in my quest for righteousness and also to warn others. With the up and down fluctuations of my faith and discipline it would be a safer bet to die now of natural causes, with time to solidify my faith in my heart than to get caught with my pants down (hopefully not literally) when His time comes.

Father, place the seriousness of these passages on my heart.

No comments: