1/29/10 - Life Journal - Just a Little Patience


I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the wild beasts multiply against you. Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased and possess the land
Exodus 23:29,30


God will lead the Israelites to the promise land......and He'll do it according to His perfect plan. Not too fast, not to slow. If he wiped out their enemies to soon no one would be there to tend to the land and it would be a wild animal filled wasteland when they arrived. If He waited too long, well, they'd have a serious fight on there hands.

It's hard waiting for things to happen in His time and I fail miserably when it comes to patience. Another class in my education, growing my faith in Him thus increasing my patience and hopefully then carrying that patience over to everyday life. It would blow us away if we saw what events had to take place for us to be where we are now. My case, some seriously evil dudes had to invent VX, Saron and Mustard Gas for it to eventually be stored in the Blue Grass Army Depot in Kentucky. Then the people had to rise up and say, No More! We don't want that stuff here anymore. Then some science geek had to invent the process to neutralize this stuff. Then someone had to convince the Department of Defense to put up the cash to build the plant. Then I had to see an add looking for designers. THEN FINALLY I could get off my butt after 7 months of unemployment (which by the way went extremely well since He also provided for us during that time). That all took place over a hundred year period if you count WWI when some of these nerve agents were first used. So I got the job, just in time. Not too soon, not too late (in His Timing)

No comments: