3/4/08 - Life Journal - Can't Put God in a Box


And those who went before and those who followed were shouting, "Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David! Hosanna in the highest!"

Mark 11:9,10


The people of Jerusalem greeted Jesus with cries of "Hosanna", a word to praise God. It means 'we want God to save us'. Seems like, for now at least, they recognize Him as their Savior, cheering Him on, laying palms before Him. Quite a different tune they'd sing when in the presence of the priests when they condemn Him to crucifixion.

We all, I, do the same thing all the time. Sunday mornings, hands in the air, the church is full of praise and worship. Then we leave, and we forget. We're not even out of the parking lot when we're yelling at our kids, honking at others, arguing with our wives, remembering work the next morning, etc, and He is forgotten. Jesus? Come on, it's Monday morning, who's got time for Him. He'll be waiting for us at church when we get there next week.

Hosanna. We want God to save us. Are we worth it? Thankfully He and His Son think so...

Lord, why do I compartmentalize my life. I put You in this box labeled "Sunday" and pack You away the rest of the week. And You let me do it! You're just waitin for me to come to You and say, "I need You always". I need You always.

No comments: