10/18/07 - Life Journal - I Got Some Explaining to Do!


Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. "Do you understand what you are reading?" Philip asked. "How can I," he said, "unless someone explains it to me?" So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.
Acts 8:30,31


At the command of an "angel of the Lord" Phillip met up with an Ethiopian and overheard him reading out of the book of Isaiah. Seeing an opportunity Phillip confronts this man and questions him. Because of his boldness in Christ, Phillip was able to teach this man the good news and soon after baptized him.

I must be quiet and tuned in to the Spirit to hear the still small voice pointing me towards opportunities to expand His kingdom. Before this can happen I must be knowledgable and have my facts straight when put up against scripture so I can "explain" God's word to people. Teaching is our main task in discipling those less mature in Christ than us and in reaching the unsaved. It is also an incredible priviledge to be chosen by Him for the honor of spreading His message of saving grace. Finally, it is our command, like Paul said about the church, "I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness." (Colossians 1:25)

Lord let me be your teacher to my family, friends, coworkers and the world around me. Thank you for putting your trust in this imperfect servant.

No comments: