10/14/07 - Life Journal - Through Him


"Men of Israel, why does this surprise you? Why do you stare at us as if by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk?"
Acts 3:12


The people had just witnessed Peter heal a man crippled from birth. They looked upon him with amazement, thinking he had some immortal power. He asked them about this amazement. They had heard the words of Jesus and about the faith that can move a mountain but they still think Peter and John did this themselves.

All things, great and small, can and do happen through Him. All we have is through Him. I can't let the praise of others blur my knowledge of where all things good originate and I can't let them continue in their ignorance, believing that any man deserves praise above Him.

Lord, all credit and glory goes to You. I can move mountain but ony through you, who gives me strength.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Chris,

I just did a post on the
Church for Men blog with this
entry. I need this reminder
each and everyday in ministry.

Thanks!