10/29/07 - Life Journal - Seeds Among Thorns


"Listen to this! Behold, the sower went out to sow; as he was sowing, some seed fell beside the road, and the birds came and ate it up.

"Other seed fell on the rocky ground where it did not have much soil; and immediately it sprang up because it had no depth of soil. "And after the sun had risen, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.

"Other seed fell among the thorns, and the thorns came up and choked it, and it yielded no crop.

"Other seeds fell into the good soil, and as they grew up and increased, they yielded a crop and produced thirty, sixty, and a hundredfold."

Mark 4:3-8


The seeds thrown on the rocky places and in the thorns probably represent 90%, at least, of believers in Christ. After salvation the journey has only begun, it's still a struggle to get into the good soil and bear fruit.

I'm a mixture I guess. I'd say I still have the joy but it hasn't really been tested against any real affliction so I could still be on the rocky place with a weak root. The again, I'm also still among the thorns, letting the worries of the world choke out my faith. Praise God that some of me has landed in good soil, I can see some of the fruits of my faith in the faith of my children.

Lord, continue to spread my roots over to the good soil!

No comments: