10/28/07 - Life Journal - Serving with Joy!


And He came to her and raised her up, taking her by the hand, and the fever left her, and she waited on them.
Mark 1:31


While at the house of Peter, Jesus healed his mother-in-law. What does she do? She immediately begins to serve.

Jesus has also healed me! Through His ultimate sacrifice of self as the perfect lamb He has saved me from death! Have I been constantly serving Him from day one? Maybe at the beginning when I was "on fire" and all was new but I've grown stale. Living in this world, where my soul isn't meant to abide will do that. To rekindle the flame and resurrect my servant heart I must constantly be refreshed with His word, challenged by fellow followers and filled with the joy only He can provide through times of worship.

Lord, keep me fresh so I don't become useless like salt that has lost it's flavor.

No comments: