10/26/07 - Life Journal - In, not of, this World


"And now I am standing trial for the hope of the promise made by God to our fathers."
Acts 26:6


Pauls trials were a gleaming example of how to deal with the authorities of this world without betraying his allegiance to his Savior. He said in Ch.25, Vs.8, "I have committed no offense either against the law of the Jews or against the temple or against Caesar. Back in Ch.21, he was purifying himself in accordance with Jewish law when he was taken into custody under false pretense. In Ch.26, Vs.22 he basically said that he wasn't saying anything that Moses and the prophets hadn't already said.

It is our duty (and honor) not to deny Jesus Christ before man though we may be incited to by many forces as we attempt to live in the world and yet not of the world. It may be something as massive as governments in Paul's case to as personal as friends or family. I must stand true knowing the Spirit will be with me with whatever words of wisdom are necessary.

Lord, please be in my heart and mind and on my lips at all times so I can be a worthy witness of You on earth.

No comments: