10/7/07 - Life Journal - Tend His Vineyard


What then will the owner of the vineyard do to them? He will come and kill those tenants and give the vineyard to others." When the people heard this, they said, "May this never be!"

Luke 20:15,16


The master had sent his servants to receive the fruit of the vineyards he had rented out to some farmers. After returning beaten with nothing to show for it owner sends his son whom they not only throw out, they beat and kill. I think the people realized that Jesus was referring to Himself as the Son of the Owner. He knew the plan His father had for Him. He was going to be rejected and killed by the Jews (the tenants of the vineyard) and for this the rewards of the Savior would be given elsewhere.

Jesus and God the Father love me in ways I can't imagine. They have entrusted me with their vineyard on earth and with the blessings of my life. But, if I don't yield fruits in my management and return the first of the blessings I have reaped my faith is dead. Their promises have fallen on deaf ears and my rewards here and the everafter will be transferred to a more worthy servant.

Lord thank you for everything and may I be a faithful steward over all you have made me responsible for.

No comments: