10/5/07 - Life Journal - Humble Contentment


When Esther's words were reported to Mordecai, he sent back this answer: "Do not think that because you are in the king's house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"
Esther 4:12-14


Esther had been chosen from all the virgins of the territories to be the wife of King Ahasuerus (Xerxes). Not of choice but because of a random event brought about by a royal edict. She humbly submitted to her new circumstances and from this we can assume it was her faith in God that kept her content in her new surroundings. Not until the plans of Haman to eradicate the Jews of the kingdom was God's reasoning behind her elevated status to Queen revealed. Still humble to her authorities (the King) she was hesitant to approach him with her request to save "her" people. Her Uncle Mordecai summed it up in the verse above when he said, "And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"

God knows exactly where he put me and the purpose of this placement. I just can't seem to get it through my thick skull. Boo-hoo, I don't like my job....Who does? For whatever reason I'm here, be it salary to help me continue living in Lakeland and serve His kingdom there or maybe someone here at work I'm to be reaching out to, only He knows! I have to digest this and understand this. How many verses must I read before I realize what God's telling me. Like Esther, I must be loyal to my authorities, humble among my peers and patient in faith, knowing that God's plan will be revealed, be it here or in heaven.

Lord, it might just take an anvil falling out of the sky and hitting me on the head like Wile E. Coyote to get your message through to me. Empty me, then fill me. Empty me of the so called ideas of success in this world and fill me with the promise of eternity with you and the purpose you have for me, here and now. I'll get it eventually, I promise.

No comments: