What? ...oh, OK...awesome...now I get it!


"This is going to sound funny," Timlin said. "But God blessed Jon Lester (pitcher that won the clinching game for the Red Sox) with cancer just to show a lot of people that you can overcome something that's so hard in your life you think, 'I'm not gonna make it.' He's going to be able to take his faith in God and the strength God gave him and tell a lot of other people a great story."

Awesome quote from Red Sox pitcher Mike Timlin on his teammates struggle and recovery. Now for a little name dropping, his wife Dawn was a great friend in high school and I was lucky enough to attend their wedding. I hope she's at our twentieth reunion (did I just say 20th?) next June. Since then I've been a Timlin fan, even though he pitched the clincher against my Phillies in 93 when they lost to the Blue Jays.

Thanks for the story - Tim Ellsworth

No comments: