11/21/07 - Life Journal - No Time to Waste


And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town.
Matthew 10:14


Jesus knew the seriousness of the situation. He told his men to get in, spread the Word and if they got no response, to get out. Imagine denying the Gospel when Jesus was living among them? When they could pull up a blanket, hear His teachings directly from Him and have a nice fish dinner afterwards?

We must also realize that timing is everything. When will He come "like a thief in the night?" No one knows but the Father. We can't spin our wheels preaching His word on deaf ears. There was a time when I wouldn't listen to Him. It frustrated the heck out of Sheri but she gave in without giving up. She took my situation and lifted it to Him in prayer and you know what? It worked. After going to church herself for months I finally went with her. The pastor there, David Baxter, was the person I needed to hear. I listened to him. It sounds cruel but if someone isn't getting it we must move on and trust God to put someone else in our place that might have more success. A hardened heart will just solidify more if our methods aren't working and the discouragement we will feel will put us off from telling His story to others. Don't be afraid to "shake the dust off your feet" and bring the Gospel elsewhere. Things will happen in His timing but we are told "the harvest is great". Someone else is waiting for you!

Lord keep this fresh on my mind, there are millions who need to hear your word. I know you don't want me beating my head against a wall when others need me.

No comments: