11/14/07 - Life Journal - The Least of the Apostles


For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
1 Corinthians 15:9


In a moment of self-deprecation, Paul bows to the faith of the Apostles and Jesus' brother James. Paul, the notorious Christian persecutor Saul before Jesus appeared to him, goes on to say that God's work in him wasn't in vain. Because of his past he has worked non-stop for His kingdom

Now I never stoned baptists in my past, but my lifestyle enough persecuted the church of God. Everything I did was contrary to His teaching. I could argue that I never knew His teaching but creation was witness enough to lead me to Him. My sinful body fought Him for a long time without even realizing it. If I can modify vs.10 a little, "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and I PRAY that his grace towards me WILL NOT go in vain".

Lord, I know who I was and though I also know you have forgotten all of that as though it never happened, let it be a stimulus for constantly striving to live up to your Glory.

No comments: