11/5/07 - Life Journal - The Word Received from Him


For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.
Galations 1:12


By saying that the Gospel he preached was received through a revelation and not from man, Paul described God's work in him to open his heart and give him the wisdom necessary to fully comprehend. It all seems like a mystery when hearing the Word for the first time but by reading scripture and praying for understanding we too can receive the gift of revelation.

All the sermons and secondary books in the world can't replace personal time with the Father. This journal is the best thing I've ever done as far as digging into the Word and praying for clarity in what I'm reading.

Lord, light up your words for me so I can comprehend Your plan and see what it is I'm supposed to do.

No comments: