11/15/07 - Life Journal - Grace and Peace to You


Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 1:2


Paul addresses each of his letters to the churches with this line (or a close variation). Before anything else he states the utmost of the Father's and the Son's desire for us. Through their grace and the peace we receive while living in that grace we can live our lives out in the greatest joy we can imagine. From this comes our desire to thank and worship the Father and Son, completing the circle as their desires are then fulfilled.

Everything I do and say should reflect this. Every person I come in contact with should come away from the encounter knowing that they have received the wish of God's grace and peace without me even uttering those words.

Father, I'm eternally alive because of your grace, let my awareness of this bring me the peace you desire and may it radiate out of me. Let people see my peace and initiate their desire to seek your Grace. (somebody cue Elton John singing "The Circle of Life...nah, nevermind)

No comments: