11/18/07 - Life Journal - My Hope is in You


Our help is in the name of the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 124:8


David is rejoicing! His God is an awesome God and if it wasn't for Him David's enemies would have swallowed his people up and rolled over them like a flood. As always, in his time of victory David is the first to point to the Lord and give him the thanks.

I love watching athletes point to the heavens after home runs, touch downs, whatever... Honestly, I can't see their hearts but the outward display of thanks is awesome, especially for my little ones watching. What if I was more like that? I get a raise, boom, I'm on my knees, finger in the air, giving Him praise. Make it home without any traffic, wham, jump out of my car and give an emmylike speech thanking Him for everything He did for me on my drive home. People'd think I was crazy, right? Isn't that the point? We are not supposed to be like everyone else and react like everyone else. We know where all things good come from so why don't we give a little love and point it out?

Father, when am I going to give You credit when You above all deserve it? I have no hope but in You.

No comments: