11/4/07 - Life Journal - Integrity is Integral


"As God lives, who has taken away my right,
and the Almighty, who has made my soul bitter,
as long as my breath is in me,
and the spirit of God is in my nostrils,
my lips will not speak falsehood,
and my tongue will not utter deceit.
Far be it from me to say that you are right;
till I die I will not put away my integrity from me.

I hold fast my righteousness and will not let it go;
my heart does not reproach me for any of my days.

Job 27:2-6


Job seems to be coming to his senses a little here. He was starting to let his circumstance and "friends" steer him away from God but his perserverance is starting to show. Verse 5 (in bold) is an awesome line. He will not agree with his friend's "wisdom" and bear false witness against the Lord. It's an awesome example of his godly integrity. Holding true to his Father during his struggles.

Yet another portion of the Word that I should be reciting daily. It's way too easy to feel that God has given me into the hands of the enemy when I KNOW that this isn't even a resemblance of the truth. His plans for me are for a hope and a future, not suffering at the hands of Satan. If I can hold on to this truth I can overcome anything.

Integrity - what you do or say when noone else is around.

Lord breath Your integrity into me because I've seen mine and it isn't going to cut it.

No comments: