11/29/07 - Life Journal - We're Not Worthy, We're Not Worthy


To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power, so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 1:11,12


God will make us worthy of our calling? What does that mean? Well, that we are not and could never be worthy on our own. Why? Why does he seek to fulfill all of our works of faith? So we can be praised? Adored by others? Uh uh, try again...keep reading. "...so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you..." He wants to help us succeed in our works to give glory to His Son and in return to Him.

So, I'm not worthy. (why am I thinking of Wayne and Garth) I'm weak, selfish, etc, etc, etc..... Don't have enough fingers. But like Paul I can praise Him in spite of my afflictions knowing that He will perfect me and make me worthy, if, I am resolved to do good and am employed in works of faith. How can I fail? The Creator who is above all and does as he pleases (what pleases Him) will fulfill my endeavors, evoking my praise and I in turn will reflect the glory of man to Him completing this circle I keep talking about.

He is awesome --> I am weak --> He strengthens me --> I labor in love and faith --> He fulfills my works --> I praise Him --> He receives glory --> He is pleased --> He is awesome

Father build me up to be worthy of Your calling, worthy of envoking Your Name, worthy of laboring for Your Glory.

4 comments:

Lance said...

Awesome! We all fall short and are not worthy. I like your blog. It has a different perspective on praising Christ. Its enlightening! Would you like to exchange links. I am always looking for good blogs for my readers to read.
Blessings,
Lance
www.lancessoulsearching.com
jgargus2@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm digging your blog. Want to come play in my worship band? How far are you from Maryland?

Anonymous said...

Oh man...great! Now I'm going to have the visual of wayne and garth graveling everytime I sing worthy, you are worthy by matt redman. THANKS! lol...

I play on the drums in a worship band as well. Good stuff. Pearl export series set with HHX sabian cymbals for me.

Drummer Chris said...

lance, thanks for the encouragement, you're on the blogroll now.

Weeper, quite a bit from Maryland but if I'm in town..........

christian, thought you'd like wayne and garth being from Toronto.............no offense meant........my wife's dad's from there..........and RUSH.......