11/2/07 - Life Journal - I'm (trying to become) a Christian Hedonist!


Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
Mark 12:30


According to Jesus, this is the most important of all commandments. In Psalm 115:3, the psalmist records, "But our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases." He who created everything and is above all does nothing unless it pleases him. What could he possibly want from us? To be absolutely in awe, completely joy-filled and to desire Him fervently. He created ..uh.. creation to unveil his majesty to us, so in return we could glorify Him and praise His name on earth. That's what He wants. It's a complete circle. His desire is for our complete happiness which in turn will transform into a complete desiring for Him. Our goals are the same!

In the words of John Piper, I want to be a "Christian Hedonist"! I don't want to be just happy in Him, I want to be totally ecstatic! He has given me this incredible life, in His wondrous creation and I can't take it for granted anymore. Life will take care of itself, He has assured us of that, and in return I have to give him my complete adoration.

Lord, let me be free from the shame introduced in the Garden so I can experience the unrestrained joy in You so that one day You can say that I am Your son, whom You love, and with me Your are well pleased.

No comments: