11/19/07 - Life Journal - Just a Little Patience


And being warned in a dream not to return to Herod, they departed to their own country by another way.
Matthew 2:12


God is putting in overtime here in spoiling King Herod's plan. Claiming desire to worship the new born King he sends the "wise men from the east" to locate Him and report back with their findings. After visiting with Jesus and bestowing their gifts a dream told them of Herod's plan and they returned to their homes by what was probably a circuitous route. Not finished yet, God sends and angel to Joseph with the same warning and delays their trip home by sending them into hiding in Egypt.

Dude......I thought waiting in traffic was bad. These guys were delayed by YEARS! Though our set backs are minor compared to this, they are no less important and amazing. Think about the accident you saw this morning and I bet you can also flashback to a few extra minutes searching for your keys. Or maybe you can remember getting caught up at the grocery store just long enough to run into someone you had been meaning to talk to, or better yet, a person that really needed you at that moment. There are millions of examples that go unnoticed everyday, but they're there if you look. I have to keep my eyes open for God's little "detours" in my life. When I can see Him actually working in my day to day life my love for Him and faith in His plan will only increase, and maybe it'll be praise escaping my lips instead of curses.

Father, I know it, You know it and Sheri definitely knows it. I need the patience that can only come when I realize that everything that happens has been set in motion by You. Help me see you working in my life.



Those magic men the magi
Some people call them wise
Or oriental, even kings
Well anyway, those guys
They visited with Jesus
They sure enjoyed their stay
Then warned in a dream of King Herod’s scheme
They went home by another way

James Taylor


Just a little patience....oooh yeah

Axel Rose


No comments: