11/24/07 - Life Journal - Shut Up and Listen


While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to Him."
Matthew 17:5


Peter had just witnessed one of the most amazing sights he'll ever see, and what does he do? Fall down in awe? Nope, he opened his mouth and started ramblin and ramblin. About now God spoke up, "Hey, this is My Son and even I am pleased so just shut up and listen!"

Back to fishing; I've been doing it my whole life but the first time I went on a Tortugas trip is was a new experience. New tactics, new bait, etc. I had to realize real quick to shup and listen. It's the captain and deck hands job to put you on the fish and show you how to catch them. In the bible, and more specifically the words of Jesus Christ, we have "The Captain"! The Son of the Creator! Where else can we turn? Especially when it comes to witnessing for Him. He will "put us on" the people that need to hear His word and will, through the Spirit, teach us how to catch them.

Jesus, you are my guide if I'd just shut up. On top of Your word You have given me brilliant men and women to walk me through it.

No comments: