11/26/07 - Life Journal - Hope Floats


And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.
Matthew 24:12


This is included in Jesus' response concerning signs of the close of the age. Christians would become outcasts, betrayed and hated by others. Thus the door would be opened for false prophets and teachers leading many astray. Without the foundations of a love and respect for Christ morality would be on the decline, respect for any authority would plummit and lawlessness would become the norm. The love and fear of God is what originally differentiated the civil from the uncivil. When this is taken out of the equation anarchy will reign and the love will fade from our hearts.

Sounds all to familiar. It's hard for my hope to stay alive just looking at the world around me. The nightly news tears me apart. What have I done? How could I bring children into this? The answer to that is the love I have from my Savior but it's that love that the evil in the world is trying to chip away. How can I stay strong? How can my hope float? Verse 13 tells us, "But the one who endures to the end will be saved". That's how. My question above makes more sense if I ask, How could anyone seperated from His love bring children into this?

Father...........What? How? When? Where? Why?

No comments: