11/25/07 - Life Journal - Old Tricks, New Dogs


'The Lord said to my Lord,Sit at my right hand,
until I put your enemies under your feet'?
Matthew 22:44


Jesus tosses out a riddle to the Pharisees, "What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is He?" Stating what they thought they knew their reply was, "The Son of David". Jesus answered them with the quote above from Psalm 110. David here declares that Jesus is his Lord. So how is He his son?

A confusing bit of scripture here, mainly pointing out the fact that the Pharisees don't know as much as they think. What hit me is how many times Jesus uses the Old Testament (of course it wasn't called that at the time) to prove, disprove, teach, correct, etc.... This just shows how far I have to go, building up my knowledge, but also equipping myself to be a better witness. The answer to every doubter's questions are here, in the Word, for me to use.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16,17


Father, you have laid it all out for me, through prayerful study and with the Spirit as my guide, help me become a better witness and a stronger man of God.

No comments: