11/13/07 - Life Journal - The Way of Love


And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
1 Corinthians 13:2


The ESV titles this chapter "The Way of Love". In it he stresses the emptiness of any gifts we may have been given if we do not have love. "Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." The three important things to keep on our hearts are faith, hope and love. But Paul ends this with "...but the greatest of these is love".

No matter what I do, from tithing to helping on the streets of Lakeland, all are done in vain if they're not done in love. The love given to us from the Father. The verse above convicts me. I have the gift of obtaining knowledge, but is it a lack of love that keeps this within me? I feel His love in me, but letting it shine out of me is my biggest obstacle on my walk.

Father, I don't know what else you can do. You have showered my with your love and taught me the meaning of loving unconditionally. Break my heart open so your love can be released.

No comments: