1/31/08 - Life Journal - Father Forgive Them...and me..


And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
Acts 7:59,60


After retelling the history of the Israelites and the path that led them to this point in history, Stephen condemns the Jews, lays the deaths of the prophets on their heads and the blood of Jesus on their hands. They were a little ticked to say the least. While be stoned, Stephen, filled with the Spirit, saw the Glory of God and Jesus at his right hand. Reminiscent of his Lord, without fear of death, he released his spirit to Jesus and begged forgiveness for his murderers.

I can't even forgive the guy that cut me off this morning! Holding grudges only hurts myself. The other party has no idea! How long a road I still have to travel I don't know but on the day I fall asleep in Him I pray that I'll go with longing, ready to meet Him and with forgiveness for those left behind on my heart.

Father work in me, if I can't forgive others how can I expect Your forgiveness? I've done much worse to You than anyone has done to me.

1 comment:

Sean Sims said...

Hey Chris,
I just tagged you for a book meme, come over to my blog to check it out.

www.sdsims.wordpress.com