1/15/07 - Life Journal - The One Lost Sheep


Then Jesus told them this parable: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' "
Luke 15:3-6


The Pharisees couldn't understand the fact that this person, Jesus, who was said to be a prophet or the Messiah would sit down with sinners. He then used this parable to explain again that he didn't come for those that were "righteous" but for the lost. In other words the parable could be about me, leaving two of my kids to find the third if they were lost or lost their way.

Our concentration can't be on those that are saved. Yes we need to continue teaching, discipling and growing them until they can feed themselves and go on to be teachers and apostles on their own but our main focus must be on the lost. Spreading the word and planting the seed so God can work in their hearts.

God, put the lives of so many people around us in our hearts. Break my heart so I can be a better witness for you.

No comments: