1/19/08 - Life Journal - Even the Rocks Cry Out


He answered, "I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out."
Luke 19:40


The disciples were praising the name of Jesus as He made His triumphant entry into Jerusalem. Naturally the Pharisees didn't like this and told Jesus to "rebuke" his men. Jesus then explained to them that it doesn't matter what men say or don't say, creation screams out the majesty of God.

We can't stop it! No matter how we screw up the Kingdom of God is here to stay. If we need a little help along the way nature will give us a kick in the rear. Whenever I have any doubts it seems the Spirit always puts the awesomeness of His creation in my thoughts. Something as simple as meditating on how a simple tree goes from an acorn to a full grown oak amazes me. I can't see how anyone can have any doubts about our Creator when simply taking a look at His amazing works.

God, your works are awesome! Thank you for these reminders you put on my heart, keeping my mind and heart in the right place.

1 comment:

Mike said...

This was the first biblical reference to "Rock" music. :)