1/1/08 - Life Journal - Lord, Thank You for My Eve


The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
Genesis 2:18


Seems like a no duh situation now, but God definitely used his omniscience on this occasion. Bad enough what happens with the snake with Eve calling the shots. Imagine what would have happened if Adam was left to his own devices?

New Years Day is a great time to remember how important our wives are to each of us. We can boast all we want about bringing home the bacon and all that but stay at home mom or full time worker, our wives are the CEO's of our households. Everything would get messy real quick without them around.....getting the family up - dressed - and out of the house, running any errands needed, keeping everything in order, making sure we all have clean underwear, keeping the frig stocked and food on the table, seeing to all the school situations, keeping a smile on her face when we say what a tough day we've had, loving us no matter how big of an idiot we are and how un-handsome we look when we're "just lounging" around the house, actually using the same toilet and shower as us and basically just being there for any of us whenever we need them. On top of that many of our wives have probably saved our lives. I often say that if I didn't meet Sheri I'd be dead or in jail and that's not all kidding. I wouldn't say getting married has made me grow up but I've matured and gotten some priorities in order. The number one thing my wife has done for me is bringing me into my relationship with Jesus and there's nothing I can do to repay her for that.

Father, why do I take the things that mean most to me for granted? Thank you for blessing me with such an incredible person.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Blessings Chris. That is a great tribute to your wife, who if anything like mine, deserves a medal everyday she has to put up with me and my "stuff".