1/25/08 - Life Journal - Sing the Psalms of David


O LORD, in your strength the king rejoices,
and in your salvation how greatly he exults!
You have given him his heart’s desire
and have not withheld the request of his lips.
Psalm 21:1,2


David wasn't exactly an example of a man full of morals, I mean look at him, he sent a women's husband to the front lines of battle to hide his adultery! The deal is, God knew he wasn't perfect, He knows we all aren't perfect. What David was though was thankful. He loved His God with all his heart. He praised Him every chance he got and knew exactly where all his blessings came from.

I, too, am not a perfect man. No, I've never sent anyone to his death but every sin I commit keeps from holiness and separates me from my Father. Thing is, He loves me just as He loved David. For this I need to live in a constant state of thankfulness and the Psalms of David are a perfect example to go by. Every gift is from Him, especially His gift of eternal life through the sacrifice of His Son.

O LORD, in your strength Drummer Chris rejoices,
and in your salvation how greatly he exults!
You have given him his heart’s desire
and have not withheld the request of his lips.

1 comment:

Jacob said...

You're welcome to listen to "The Psalmist" at www.myspace.com/jacobhackman