1/24/08 - Life Journal - Pharaoh, Pharaoh, Oh baby, Let my people go!


Then the LORD said to Moses, "Pharaoh will not listen to you, that my wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt."
Exodus 11:9


It seems obvious that God was performing these acts through Moses to convince Pharaoh to let the Israelites go free from their captivity but why then does it look like God himself was hampering His own plan? It says in verse 10, "...but the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let the Israelites out of his country." What? The obvious isn't always the right choice, is it? Could it be that this was all for the benefit of the captive Israelites? None of the plagues affected the land of Goshen, where they lived. When Moses said the people wouldn't listen to him and God told him that He had his back, I doubt he was expecting anything like this! But I bet it woke His people up!

Why is it, that I also sometimes need something big to remind me of the power of my God! Doesn't he give me enough everyday just breathing, looking at my family, viewing everything He's created, the stuff we've created with the intelligence He's given us and yes, true miracles like Ansley Mayfield? Wake up son!

Father, let what you've done for me already be enough to sustain my faith. If it's not I've never had true faith in the first place.

No comments: