1/18/08 - Life Journal - Like a Child


"Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it."
Luke 18:17


When the disciples tried to stop the people from bringing infants to Jesus he was like, "Hold up, what're you guys thinking?" (How did He find a teaching situation in everything that happened?) He told them that we must receive the Kingdom like a child. Huh? My handy, dandy study bible says to be like a child means, "With total dependence, full trust, frank openness and complete sincerity." I think it also speaks a lot about how children are so filled with awe when they are introduced to something new. It's a feeling that we should have continually, never loosing our wonder in how awesome He really is!

I can't lose any of these characteristics. If I need an example I can just look at my kids. They don't have a worry in the world because of their total trust in me. They never doubt that anything they need will be provided, they are kept safe all the time and only the best for them is what Sheri and I work and pray for.

You are everything for me; feed me, shelter me, protect me. I put my trust in you praying that I never lose my awe and fascination of you.

No comments: