ProMark Hot Rods



As you've heard, Journey has moved into Churchwell elementary school. We are meeting in the cafetorium (cool word) and as you can imagine the acoustics are a little different than the sound swallowing walls of the movie theater.

At our first service we had to turn off all the drum mic's. Not cool. For one, I'm behind a shield so the sound from the drums is muted while still being loud, two, I have headphones on so basically I was the only person in the whole place that couldn't hear my drums!

This is where the hot rods come in. Made up of individual birch dowels they give a lighter sound but still have some attach in them, unlike brushes. They worked beautifully, we're now able to use the mic's to control the volume of the drums without causing everyone else to crank up the volume.

(One problem, I don't get any volume from the bell of my ride and rim clicks are out of the question, any suggestions?)




No comments: