1/29/08 - Life Journal - Take My Life


Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. With his wife's full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles' feet.
Acts 5:1


They promised the cash from the sale but in typical human fashion kept back some for themselves. Whether it was out of greed or belief that it was theirs (hey, they worked for it right), it boils down to not having faith that God would provide what they needed.

I hold back everything from Him. My finances, my life, my talents. I don't feel like I'm giving Him 100% of anything. Thankfully we're living under His grace. I have no reason not to trust Him so why can't I?

Father, I love you but my actions speak otherwise. Help me give my all to you. It's not mine to keep, it's all been given by you.

No comments: