YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!



Okay, so I was really psyched when I saw the original line-up for Winter Jam 2008. NewSong, Mercy Me, Skillet, Barlow Girl and Mandisa. Sweet, I've always wanted to see Barlow Girl.

oops, read the fine print, the Tampa show is the only one where Barlow Girl

WON'T BE APPEARING!!!

Okay, I can handle that, Sanctus Real puts on a great show. At least I'll still get to see Lori Peters, the drummer for Skillet, she's got some serious skills and to be able to finally see her was going to be awesome!

So picture me in my car driving to work this morning when I hear Carlos break the news on Spirit FM. Seems Lori has retired from the band, her last show being the New Years Concert they put on............

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!

Nothing against Lori, she's ready to move on to the next chapter in her life and I can understand that. Seems they've replaced her with another female drummer, an 18 year old that is ready to "Rock your face off". Sounds encouraging, but it's not Lori.

Wherefore art thou, Lori?

So now I'm going to a show that has:

Mercy Me (already have seen)
NewSong (already have seen 3 TIMES)
Sanctus Real (already have seen)
Skillet (without Lori Peters)

and

Mandisa......

Don't get me wrong, I think I'll really enjoy seeing her. Not exactly my type of music but I imagine the energy in the place will be over the top.

So I'm not really bitchin here (well actually I am I guess), it's gonna be a great show and the whole purpose is to bring thousands of youth to what may be one of a few chances they get to hear the Gospel PLUS it gives Compassion International another platform to spread their story.

oh yeah, the bmx skate extreme team will be there, whoopie


2 comments:

Mike said...

Dude, My family and I are going to the Orlando show Saturday if our church does not open it's cold weather shelter for the homeless.

Mandissa not excited.
Newsong not excited.

Barlow Girl, Wow! Why in the heck is a 47 year old dude like me excited about Barlow Girl.

God Bless You Dude! Great stuff on the adultress. Put link on my blog to your blog.

Drummer Chris said...

I should have thought about going to O-Town!

Thanks for the linkage!