1/4/08 - Life Journal - I WANT MY RAINBOW BACK!


And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth."
Genesis 9:12,13


There are few things that get people to stop and stare in awe more than God's gift of the rainbow. It's an amazing reminder of the Noahic Covenant He made with us. Noah's faith rekindled God's faith in humanity and he made this promise never to wipe out all living things in a flood every again. A reminder of His love in stormy weather.

That being said....I WANT MY RAINBOW BACK! First it was hijacked by the Rev. Jackson with his coalition. Great idea, bad results and even worse the power hungry, race dividing impulse behind his plan. Next His bow has become the symbol of Gay/Lesbian pride. How the heck did this happen? Honestly, the rainbow is a great symbol of unity, all the colors of the prism united. But they are united in one goal. Not in individual agendas.

Father, thank you for the visual reminder of your promise. I pray that I'll remember that and your love for me whenever I see one.

No comments: