1/27/08 - Life Journal - You put ME to the test?


So they quarreled with Moses and said, "Give us water to drink."
Moses replied, "Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you put the LORD to the test?"
Exodus 17:2


After all that has been done for these people, after all the signs God had shown them in their release from captivity, still they complain. They continue putting their God to the test. They had no faith that He would provide and get them through the desert.

I don't have much to say, I can't. I am them! I've been given so much and squandered just as much. He's always provided for me but still I put Him to the test. Any little thing get's me going, constantly worrying about tomorrow and neglecting today. Why can't I just be still and know He's here?

Father, you've blessed me on top of blessings. Somewhere inside I know you'll always provide, I pray that confidence will take over my whole body so I can live free from fear.

No comments: