1/3/08 - Life Journal - Fruit from the Vine


Every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Luke 3:8


The Jews thinking they had it made were like, "Hey, we're sons of Abraham, what do we have to worry about?" Sounds familiar. "Hey, I'm saved, I've got it made." That kind of thinking is what James must have had in mind when he said, "Faith without works is dead." John the Baptist was telling these people that their repentance was false without bearing fruit.

There is no way I can have received His saving grace without having the overwhelming desire to live my life for others. Anything else and it is just me crying out, "Hey, I'm a son of Abraham". I have to search my heart to see if I am truly in it for an incredible relationship with my maker or just hoping for a "get out of jail free card" and a free trip to the promised land. Without His love in me their will be no fruit, without fruit my faith is indeed dead.

Father, I keep saying it but break open the dam I've built inside me and let your love flow out so I can begin a fruitful relationship with you.

No comments: