Books on the Horizon------------------->


Jotting down some notes on books I want to read soon, (got a nice Books-A-Million giftcard for Christmas).

Overcoming Sin and Temptation - This compilation from editors Kelly Kapic and Justin Taylor contain three works of John Own, "Of the Mortification of Sin in Believers", "Of Temptation: The Nature and Power of It" and "Indwelling Sin". Must reads for the Christian battling sin.

Culture Shift: Engaging Current Issues with Timeless Truth - Albert Mohler' book coming out January 15th on engaging our culture from a biblical perspective.

Pagan Christianity: Exploring the Roots of Our Church Practices - Frank Viola and George Barna's look at where the ritual's of our present day church came from and what the New Testament church actually looked like.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows The last Harry Potter, we just purchased it for my daughter and it's driving her crazy that she can't talk to me about it.

I'm still taking my time with Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist by John Piper...don't want to miss a single word, this book is awesome, and I just started with A Crack in the Edge of the World: America and the Great California Earthquake of 1906 by Simon Winchester. I picked it up on a bargain table at WalMart and so far it's pretty good! A great mix of history and geology with the non-historian or geologist in mind.

Anything I should add to this list?

...just remembered that I uncovered Andy Stanley's Visioneering: God's Blueprint for Developing and Maintaining Vision sitting in a pile on my nightstand.

Adam
got it for me a while back and I lost track of it...............

No comments: