2/1/08 - Life Journal - Jesus Take the Wheel


Now those who were scattered went about preaching the word. Philip went down to the city of Samaria and proclaimed to them the Christ.
Acts 8:4


The persecution of the church goes into full effect. Saul takes the lead in the unforgiving slaughter of Christ's followers (no they're not called Christians, that comes later). So, did the Jews accomplish what they wanted? Just the opposite. The "scattered" took their message on the road. Christianity started it's world-wide travels. It's ironic to me, not to God, that the first place mentioned was Samaria. Philip arrived in the same place where Jesus had told His disciples about a field ripe for harvest.

I need to keep an eye out for these seemingly dead ends. Is God pointing me in a new direction? Is the next chapter in my life starting? Is there someone else out there that needs me to share my story and the Gospel with them? Whether in my evangelical mission, my career or my family life, I need to prayerfully study whether what first appears to be a dead end is actually God steering me on the path of His plan.

Father, thank you for being with me on my journey. Show me the path You would have me take. Give me the wisdom to see opportunity where there appears to be only obstacles.

No comments: