2/4/08 - Life Journal - Law and Order


The law of the LORD is perfect...
Psalm 19:7


Not much really to add to that. This one fragment caught my eye and I realized the truth it contains. His orginal creation was 100% perfect, then we came along. The entire Old Testament is the story of a peoples ups and downs, as they struggle to fulfill the law on their own merit. If it were possible they might have reached that perfect place again.

We all know that is a pipe dream. Not one of us is without sin and lives up to His standards. I don't even have the capability to imagine what a society would look like if we all had a perfect record. What I do know is that we will one day see this place. I know this because He sent His Son to die for our transgression, our inability to comply, and because of His sacrifice we will be perfected before Him when the time comes and we will gain entrance into the garden.

Father, I pray that I don't let my sin and Your forgiveness of it be an excuse not to still strive towards perfection in Your eyes. It's the least I can do.

No comments: